Doty Plan 2018
I am a citizen technologist. Technological design affects every part of our lives, not deterministically, but in ways that we as a society can influence and decide. I seek to understand how technical, social and political decisions affect our public policy and to use technical expertise to improve how the Internet supports privacy, security, accessibility and other values.
In the scopes of personal, familial, professional and community life, I am pursuing the following high-level goals and maintaining the following habits.
- stay healthy
sleep enough, eat well, meditate, continue counseling, bike and hike, be kind to myself
- support (and seek support from) family
letters and phone calls with family and friends, plan for the future
- explain how multistakeholder processes affect public policy
complete a dissertation on enacting privacy in technical standard-setting, publish on Internet/Web standards process and participation
- systematically support privacy in the architecture of the Web
complete Fingerprinting Guidance document for now, keep privacy reviews going
- cultivate civic-minded technologists
coordinate with other public interest technology folks, support CTSP in funding and expanding
- fight fascism
attend protests, host Crypto Parties (or other community education), support political reform for voting rights and representation
- meditation (daily)
- hiking and biking
- writing groups (weekly)
- not enough information
- on track
- at risk
last updated: 1 July 2018
- Biking is good for body and mind.
- Eating vegetarian more doesn't mean never eating meat again.
- Meditation is both easy and difficult.
- Traveling and getting sick are both rough on my habits.