Doty Plan 2019
I am a citizen technologist. Technological design affects every part of our lives, not deterministically, but in ways that we as a society can influence and decide. I seek to understand how technical, social and political decisions affect our public policy and to use technical expertise to improve how the Internet supports privacy, security, accessibility and other values.
- stay healthy
sleep enough, eat well, meditate, continue counseling, bike and hike, be kind to myself
- support (and seek support from) family
letters and phone calls with family and friends, plan for the future
- explain how multistakeholder processes affect public policy
write dissertation on enacting privacy in technical standard-setting, publish on Internet/Web standards process and participation
- support privacy in the architecture of the Web
participate in PING and hrpc
- fight fascism
attend protests, support political reform for voting rights and representation
- hiking and biking
- writing groups
Last updated: 22 March 2019
I'm focusing on:
- Meditate each day, whenever works.
- Plan for the next day's work at the end of the day.
- See each day as a new start.