Doty Plan 2020
I am a citizen technologist. Technology affects every part of our lives, not deterministically, but in ways that we as a society can influence. I seek to understand how technical, social and political decisions affect our public policy and to use technical expertise to improve how the Internet supports privacy and other values. Our use of technology is intertwined with our environmental unsustainability.
- stay healthy
eat well, meditate, seek counseling, bike and hike, be kind to myself
- support and seek support from family
write and call family and friends
complete dissertation on enacting privacy in technical standard-setting
analyze data, write and revise
- support privacy in the architecture of the Web
participate in PING
- take actions on the climate crisis
reduce carbon emissions, build local communities, engage in political processes
Last updated: 7 February 2020
I'm focusing on:
- Keeping track of which work item is next.
- Asking friends and family for help and support.
- Scheduling therapy and meditation as priorities.