Doty Plan 2017
- Dissertation Research and Writing (academia)
- Politics and Social Justice (community)
- Love and Support (family)
- Mental and Physical Health (self)
- explain how multistakeholder processes affect our values
- systematically improve privacy on the Web
- train a generation of civic-minded technologists
- fight fascism
- provide for community defense against surveillance, censorship and abuse
- support political reform
- speak out
- weekly research reports
- hiking and biking
- participate in local organizations
- not enough information
- on track
- at risk
last updated: 4 January 2018
- I made substantial progress in writing and research, with at least 50-some pages of dissertation writing and additional data analysis; I still felt anxious and avoided certain research areas. Weekly research reports for part of the year, but I also participated in regular weekly writing groups in order to maintain accountability.
- The year in politics was disturbing and distressing and I was never clear on how to actively respond. I attended protests and took some steps for security training and Tor, but I'm still not confident about my role or what would be most effective.
- Jamie and I moved in together on Folsom Street in San Francisco. I've stayed close with family and gotten further involved in care for Granddad.
- I began seeing a therapist on a regular basis which has helped me significantly in understanding and controlling anxiety, and I've made some progress in starting a practice of meditation. Jamie and I kept up regular hiking and hill-walking; biking has been a little less since moving to San Francisco, but continues.